Wednesday 20 November 2013

Top 3 Favourite Foundations ♥

Over the past year, my collection of foundations - although still significantly smaller than others - seems to have been building itself up, and I have been able to purchase some of the foundations which I have been wanting for quite a while. When I say 'quite a while,' I'm talking years for one of them!
My top 3 foundations include Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum, Nars Sheer Glow and Armani Luminous Silk. Each of these foundations are brilliant, and ones which I would definitely re-purchase. It's hard to put these 3 in order, so through weighing up the pros and cons, this is the order which I came up with.

3.Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum:
This foundation actually amazed me. It was the first drug-store foundation which I had ever used, and it was recommended to me by one of my older sisters. The quality of this foundation is fantastic, long-lasting and makes my skin look flawless - but not too flawless where it looks fake. Bourjois Healthy Mix serum has a buildable coverage, yet also looks brilliant with a lighter coverage for everyday use. For the less expensive price of £9.99, and Boots and Superdrug often having 3for2 through out their range of makeup products offered, buying this foundation is definitely a 'yes' for those of you who haven't already.

2. Nars Sheer Glow:
I rekindled my love for this foundation quite recently. My oldest sister gave this to me, and I loved it! I used it everyday, and felt like it looked amazing. The reason for me stopping its use, was because I was scared that it was running out :( However, a couple of weeks ago, I was craving its radiant finish and had to use it again. My opinion was not displeased, and Sheer Glow lived up to its thriving reputation. If you're looking to spend a bit more on a foundation with an extensive lasting period, and very good coverage, then I suggest finding your way to a Space NK store, picking up this beauty, and maybe a few other goodies...

1. Armani Luminous Silk:

We all have those products which we see, and have it at the top of our lists for a good year or so (even more sometimes) until we eventually buy it, and oh my! The wait was definitely worth it! Well this foundation is without-a-doubt one of them. I first saw this foundation when watching Kendall Jenner's Beauty Bag. Automatically I decided that I just had to try it. Due to its hefty price tag, I didn't buy it for ages and I am so glad that I've got it now! Luminous Silk is very versatile, being my favourite one I reach for to create so many different looks. Like the other two foundations, this one has very good coverage and can be worn all day/night with a constant flawless finish. My favourite way to wear this foundation is with simple eye, my Milani Baked Blush in 'Dolce Pink'  and with a cherry-red lip; a personal favourite of mine being Babylips Cherry Me.

-What are your favourite foundations? Any suggestions?

-Love Dom 

2 comments:

  1. What colour do you in in the luminous silk? X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Nars Sheer Glow so much! It is just so expensive in Australia. I really like Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation. Loving your blog, just followed. Would love you to check out mine. Happy new year! xxx

    yecrad.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete