Sunday 7 April 2013

March Favourites ♥

Is it just me, or is this year flying by? I suppose they always do, however this year seems to be moving extra swiftly as there is so much going on for myself and Ellie.

As for my March favourites, I have a few beauty related, and a few non-beauty related. Here we go, enjoy!



Covergirl Lipstick:
Basically, I am really getting in to Spring this year. I don't exactly know why, but as my age grows, so does my excitement for each season, and the festivities it brings! This year for spring, pretty pink tones are definitely a firm favourite of mine for make up. I got this in my package from Alannah at Keddie's Closet (you can read the post here) and I am so obsessed with it. It seems to be my go-to lipstick. As well as the gorgeous colour, it is a long-lasting shade, perfect for my busy springy days :)

Babylips:
Another item which I was sent in my fabulous package :) I have literally been reaching for this so much recently. It is really moisturising as well as being such a pretty colour! You know how with some lipstick it takes AGES to apply perfectly? This beauty is the complete opposite! It applies like a dream, and even though its shade is very subtle, it is noticeable. So many people have admired this; I just want more!

Milani Baked Blush:
Yet another item I received in my box (see a pattern here?!). This blush is perfect for this season, it has the right balance of sparkle with the gorgeous rose colour. For me, this is the ultimate pink spring blush!

Covergirl Mascaras:
Guess where these implausible items came from! I'm not usually a fan of plastic wands, but I knew I wanted to try to new mascaras. And oh my! These are so amazing! I use the orange one on the top lash line, and yellow on the bottom. This combination is one which does not clump, lasts all day and is trust-worthy!

Margarita Hand Sanitizer:
I received four of these cute little pocket bacs in my box, each of them smelling -in different ways- as delicious as each other. I decided to rotate use of each of them because I didn't want to use them all up. I hadn't used this one until my sister gave me some of hers, and I tell you this, I was enchanted at first smell. The scent it so refreshing, taking me back to my evenings at the beach bar in Sardinia two years ago listening to Bob Marley, and drinking non-alcoholic cocktails. Aaah :)

Urban Fudge 3in1 Miracle Moisture Stuff:
I raved about this almost a year ago now, in one of mine and Ellie's first ever posts. (Read here) I used this regularly for quite a while, however I became intrigues as to whether this actually worked, or if its benefits were just psychological. So, I stopped using this, and noticed that it did actually work. I re-bought this at the beginning of March, and am so glad I did. This works really well at keeping my ends conditioned, and considering the amount of time is lasts for, it isn't too expensive.





Keds:
You can read my feature post of these here. I only wore these a couple of times last year, and early March I decided to re-kindle my love for these, and began pairing them with outfits perfect for spring. They are really comfy, and add a lovely touch of colour.

You will have to excuse these pictures! If you don't already know, myself and Ellie are both incapable of taking serious pictures. I'm not over-exaggerating when I say Ellie was trying to take these, shouting "act natural" for around ten minutes!
I'd been planning a few outfits in my head - as you do when you're supposed to be revising - and surprisingly to me, a grand majority of them included wearing a denim style top. So, whilst shopping with my dear mother and unwilling brother, I picked this up from trusty old Matalan around two weeks ago for the worthy price of £16. Now, I want to wear this with everything! However, I do realise that I shouldn't really wear it with everything, so I already have another denim style top in the post, and am open to any suggestions as to wear I can find more! 


Wrap Bracelet:
One of my closest friends bought me this for Christmas as she'd heard me go on and on about how much I love wrap bracelets. I love to pair this with my denim top, a nice dress, and Keds or black flat rowing shoes (decathlon ;) ) so basically the outfit above! I think that wrap bracelets look really gorgeous by themselves, plus I also love to layer up with a few single bracelets.
Camp Rock:
Yes, I know that this came out around three years ago, and I was besotted by it then, however over March, I remembered how much I loved it, and decided to buy it, and watch it over and over again :) If you haven't already watched the epic love story of Mitchie and Shane, or the heart aching lie tearing friends apart - no, I am not over dramatising at all - then you are missing out!
Demi Lovato - Heart Attack:
My unhealthy obsession with this song began during February, and since then, I have had it on repeat. Constantly. If you're not a massive fan of Demi, or her style of music (yes, we're clearly on first name terms) then you probably won't like this song. Yet, this may cease to amaze you, and you may fall in love with it, as I did! One of the best things about this song is that there will be an album released within the next couple of months, and me and a dear friend of mine are praying that along comes a world tour. You can listen here.

Doctor Who:
Oh yeah, it's back! I'm not too sure if this can be classed as a March favourite, or an all year round favourite, but I don't care. Matt Smith is back on our screens. Weekly. And with the beautiful Jenna Louise Coleman as Clara, I am very much looking forward to finding out what this season will bring for us all!

I hope that you liked these favourites :)
-Dom


5 comments:

  1. Love the wrap bracelet!

    www.georginaclare.com
    .Georgina Clare.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yey! I'm so glad you're enjoying everything! Love the denim top as well! :)

    keddiescloset.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice products! :)
    what about follow each other?
    let me know :)
    have a nice day!
    xx
    Veronica

    ReplyDelete
  4. follow back on GFC! number 100 :D
    xx
    veronica

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great round-up! I love wrap bracelets too... my friend gave me one for my last birthday and I wear it all the time. Clearly we both have fabulous friends ;)

    xo, alison*elle

    ReplyDelete