Thursday 23 August 2012

Best Served With Jam

On mine and Ellies 'About Me' section of our blog, it says that we are interested in cooking and baking, more me than Ellie honestly, but she can cook rice without burning it now, so there's and improvement. Anyway, I have used Jus-Rol Easy Bake Croissants a couple of times, and I know it is pretty different to the rest of the blogosphere, but I thought I would give it a go, so I decided that they would be perfect to do a review on.
First of all you simply open the convenient packaging
and the pastry will fold out:
Once fully out of the packaging, and rolled out, you will get 6 triangles like this:
The triangles have already been slightly seperated so it will be easier to pull them apart. Next, you will need to stretch out the triangles.
And then fold the top of the triangle down, and keep folding to the bottom of the triangle. Soon, your 6 pastry triangles should look like this:
After cooking them in the oven for the amount of time written on the packaging (I think it was 10 - 15 minutes) your croissants will look something like this:
As you can see in the picture above, the final results do not look exactly the same as shop bought or completely home made croissants, but as a more home made alternative, they are a great idea. They taste delicious, especially straight out of the oven!
Would you ever like to try these croissants? Have you ever made croissants from scratch (I have, it was pretty fun, and the end result wasn't too bad)? Let me know!
Dommie x

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Thanks for commenting on my blog! Love this - never even heard of it before! It looks so so fun though. I want some!

    rachael xx
    rivasoave.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah you're welcome :) it really is so much fun! I would definitely recommend :) x

      Delete