Wednesday 1 August 2012

Olympic Fever

I wasn't really phased by the idea of having the 2012 Olympics in London. My old Geography teacher (left a year ago) was so excited when we first won the 'bid' to host the Olympics, so I did learn quite a bit about what it would mean for London. My P.E teachers were all looking forward to the Olympics too - expected. Therefore, with the entire buzz about the event, you would expect me to be looking forward to it too, or at least bothered. Yet I wasn't until I watched the opening ceremony. At first I was like "yeah, it's good and must have taken a lot of time and effort, but Britain isn't all about farmers and top hats these days!" Then I realized what it was actually all about, and began to love it! I decided to join in with the rest of Great Britain and various other countries and tune in to BBC1 to watch the Olympics, pretty much on a daily occasion, and I would be right in saying that I am really getting in to it. It has definitely influenced me to get into sport more - not going to promise that though! But I am definitely going to swim more, and try to be good at at least 1 sport. We could call it my mid-year-resolution.
So as I wanted to keep up the Olympics spirit, I have bought a couple of pens and a mug (which came with Cadbury Heroes!). Here they are:
The first picture is Ellies’ pen :) I couldn't decide which mug to buy, there was this one, a Team GB version, or one with an Olympic mascot in it (which was rather cute), but in the end I opted for this one ;) :
So, yeah! I may be going a little bit crazy over the Olympics; only watching this or The Real Housewives of Orange County and The Real Housewives of New York during the day, but I think that Team GB and all of the other athletes deserve our dedication. I could not even imagine being an Olympic athlete AND doing exams on top of other activities - it seems alien and crazy to me. Being in front of all of those people watching there or from there homes would completely and utterly take me out of my comfort zone, so I have great respect for the athletes competing.
Are you enjoying The Olympics? What do you think of them?
I have also noticed my competitive side come out recently, therefore I will leave you with --> GO TEAM GB!

4 comments:

  1. Hey hun! Gotta love the Olympics! I went shopping in Westfield Stratford this morning and the place is jam packed!

    I'm so pleased to hear you've checked out my online shop :D I'm doing a photoshoot tomorrow in the countryside so new items will be on there soon! Would make my day if you bought something :)

    www.pinkyvintagexx.blogspot.com XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is great though! I would love to check out your new items too :) Can't wait xo

      Delete
  2. Thank you for your comment on my blog! I would love it if we could follow each other? I have just followed your blog!

    mypinkhotpants.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, of course! Thanks for following xo

      Delete