Friday, 10 August 2012
Liebster Blog Award
Our blog was recently tagged by Belle Amie Beauty
All The Pretty Things
Paris When It's Pink
for the Liebster Blog Award, so thank you very much my lovelies! I have been informed that the Liebster Blog Award is for upcoming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. And that the meaning is that Liebster is German for sweetest, kindest, pleasant etc.
The rules are:
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you and create 11 questions for the people you've tagged to answer.
3. Choose 11 people and then link them in your post.
4. Go to their blog and tell them.
5. No tag backs.
11 things about Dom:
1. I am addicted to the Kardashian/Jenner family.
2. My sister gave me the encouragement to actually do a blog.
3. My favourite lessons are English, French, R.E and Psychology
4. I am in love with the idea of being in love!
5.I have one dog called Archie
6.I feel so relaxed when I cook/bake and when I read.
7.One of my favourite books right now is 'To Kill A Mockingbird.'
8.I love the film 'Breakfast at Tiffanys', and, of course, Audrey Hepburn.
9.I always plan my hair for the next day! - Embarassing!
10. The year group I am in (10) was the first year group at my school to take their GCSE's a year early.
11.My younger brother was born on my first birthday!
11 things about Ellie
1. I am an only child.
2. I have a dog called Jack.
3. My favourite colour is green.
4. I am hopefully having my room re-decorated this summer! Yey!
5. My favourite place in the world is Whitby ; my nan and grandad live near and i've been going there since i was about seven or six.
6. Chirstmas is my favourite time of year :)
7. Dom and I and a couple of our other friends are planning on going travelling together A.S.A.P! I litreally cant wait to travel.
8. Skitles, skitles, skitles i could eat them all day.
9. I go swimming quite regularly, most of the time with my Aunty.
10.I love getting manicures, pedicures and most spa/beauty treatments!
11. I think i'm possibly addicted to shopping
Questions from Belle Amie Beauty:
1. What piece of makeup could you never live without?
Dom: No7 Colour Calming primer.
Ellie: Rimmel London Match Concealer.
2. Do you have a nervous habbit?
Dom: Yes! I twiddle with my ring that I wear everyday.
Ellie: I probably talk uncontrollably but i usually talk uncontrollably anyway.
3.What's you favourite ice-cream flavour?
Dom: Probably vanilla, but I am a huge fan of Mint-choc-chip! :)
Ellie:Mint-choc-chip all the way
4. What magazine do you read on a regular basis?
Dom: We're going to have to make this plural! I regularly read Company, Teen Vogue, Look and Seventeen.
Ellie: Either Look or Company
5. What is your best holiday memory?
Dom:I was in Disneyland Paris with my family for my brother's 16th birthday, and my younger brother really wanted a 'Casey's Hotdog' and he kept asking for one, so in the end we all were taking the mickey (excuse the pun!) out of him saying 'dylly want hotdog!' and we still say it now. However, there was the time in France with Ellie and our room set the fire alarm off for the whole Chateux!
Ellie: I would have to say Italy or France. Italy because it was amazing and I loved it. I went with my mum and dad and we drove from the airport to Naples and visited all the sights and then for the last two days we went to Rome which was so beautiful, but tiring .FranceI loved Dom, I and our other friends went to France with school. It was great and was such a good laugh :) apart from the fire alarms and falling over...oops.
6. What's your favourite fashion colour this summer?
Dom:I'm loving all pastels, such as the mint colours and coral. However, I am liking nauticul colours and the more vibrant shades.
Ellie:I'm really loving coral but a deffinte florals every summer!
7. Do you have any piercings? Or what would you like to get pierced?
Dom:We're boring - it's only ears!
8. What's your career ambition?
Dom:I would love to work at a magazine and be a journalist. Or working on photo-shoots, like a styler! It was only the other day Ellie and I and another friend of ours went shopping and our other friend and I decided we wanted to be personal shoppers! And of course, my overall ambition is to own a bakery/cafe.
Ellie: Fashion writing for a fashion magazine would be ace and it's something i'd love to be able to do but overall i would love to be a teacher
9. Are you vegetarian?
Dom: no,am I heck!
10. Are you going away this summer?
Dom: ooh la la je ne sais pas! Sorry about the french, that is probably my favourite thing to say, I think my family and some family friends and I are going on a few weekends away.
Ellie: Yes to Croatia; which i am so excited about
11. Do you have a favourite flower?
Dom: My favourite flower is probably roses because my mum and grandma love them! However, I do love all flowers and my parents used to be florists (that is where they met!) so I definitely have an eye for a pretty flower.
Ellie: I absolutely adore tulips.
Questions from All The Pretty Things.
1. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be
Dom: My legs.
Ellie: My stomach.
2. The last beauty product you bought?
Dom: My Nars blusher.
Ellie: Max factor nail polish
3. If you could be an animal, what would you be?
Dom: A llama.
Ellie: A panda.
4. Sweet or Savoury?
5. What is your fave nail varnish?
Dom: Wow! There are just so many, I love them all!
Ellie: My green Barry M one.
6. If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
Ellie: New York would be an amazing palce to live :)
7. What would be your perfect holiday?
Dom: A trip around America.
Ellie: I couldn't decide a trip around the world would be so amazing.
8. Where do you like to shop online?
Dom: Kukee for accessories, and my Mum has banned me from shopping for clothes online because I order too many! Haha! But I do love a nice hoodie from American Apparel ;)
Ellie: The vintage shop 'Cow'. i love it!
9. Do you get any beauty boxes?
Dom: Nope:( My sister does though, so I am definitely on the look out.
Ellie: Same as Dom really.
10. What would you do if you got a £1000 tomorrow?
Dom: I would take my family to Croatia or somewhere exotic, or on a shopping spree!
Ellie: Same as Dom really, I would take my family and friends away
11. Fave celeb style?
Dom: Ooh, I never know what to say when I get asked this question. There are Kendall and Kylie Jenner, Whitney Port, Blake Lively, Sophia Bush, Alexa Chung! Ahh just too many!
Ellie: I love Fearne Cottons , Whitney Ports and Olivia Palermos style but like Dom there are deffinatly too many favourite celeb styles.
Questions from Nichola Tolchard:
1. What's your favourite food?
Dom: The Pollo Pancetta Salad from Pizza Express without peppers and onions with extra goats cheese ;)
Ellie: My favourite meal is so weird but i love it; fish,peas,mash and parsley sauce. It sounds very weird but i have it at my great grandmar and grandads house more when i was younger but it just reminds me of home.
2. What is your worst habit?
Dom: Acting stupid in front of people.
Ellie: Saying 'like' and 'so yeah' when I am in awkward situations or presenting something in front of a group of people.
3. What is your biggest achievement?
Dom: Getting a distinction in my singing Grade 1.
Ellie: Getting all of my rainbow awards for disco dancing.
4. Favourite thing to do at the weekend?
Dom: Bake, design clothing, mainly dresses and see my friends :)
Ellie: Seeing my friends and going out with my family.
5. Most embarrassing moment?
Dom: Too many to pick just the one!
Ellie: Thats difficult it's probably when i've been talking too much and somethings come out that shouldn't off ( a kickunder the table moment) and i have to try and cover it up.
6. Best childhood memory?
Dom: I don't know if this is the best one, but going around Disney picking out a dress with my Dad was so lovely!
Ellie: Meeting Dom for the first time, It was just so inspirational haha but starting school is a nice memory.
7. If you were stranded on a desert island what 3 beauty products would you want the most?
Dom: A nail polish to keep me occupied,No7 Colour Calming primer in case i needed to look less red! And some ice cold face wipes.
Ellie: A nail polish, Smashbox primer and some eyebrow tweezers.
8. Favourite tv program?
Dom: Keeping Up With The Kardashians probably. However, there is One Tree Hill, Desperate Housewives, Real Housewives of OC and New York ... I watch too much telly.
Ellie: Hollyoaks, Made In Chelesa, New Girl Britans and Irelands next top model which i have only started watching but i love it!
9. What is the first thing you would buy if you won the lottery?
Dom: A classic Chanel Handbag
Ellie: All the pairs of Converse i could buy
10. What is your favourite outfit at the moment?
Dom: My cream lace tunic from Topshop.
Ellie: Summer stuff really, flowy shorts and t-shirts.
11. What is your biggest fear?
Dom: Being alone in the dark.
Ellie: Bees & wasps the most but i dislike spiders alot.
Questions from Paris When It's Pink:
1. What is your favourite clothing brand?
Dom: American Apparel.
Ellie: New look or Miss Selfridge
2. How would you describe your own style?
Dom: I've been told it's girly with an edge, but hard to explain!
Ellie: Well Dom says it's vintage looking.
3. Who is your style icon?
Dom: Kourtney Kardashians style is pretty cute.
Ellie: Olivia Palermos style i love :)
4. Who do you find an inspiration? It could be celebrities or people around you!
Dom: My parents and Grandparents. Also, people who just go for it and succeed, and even if they don't succeed, I find them inspirational because they went for it.
Ellie: People who don't care about what others think and deffiantly my mum & dad and just my family inspire me for what they've done and inspire me to do what i want to do
5. Do you prefer a natural make up look or glamorous?
Dom: Natural mainly.
6. How do you like to spend your holiday?
Dom: Relaxing and doing things that I wouldn't normally do.
Ellie: Relaxing and
7. Winter or Summer fashion?
Dom: Ooh, I'm indisisive
Ellie: Summer, but I quite like knit clothing.
8. What's your favourite band/music artist?
Dom: The Black Keys.
Ellie: Oooo thats difficult i cant decide.
9. Do you have any hobbies?
Dom: Yes, baking.
10. What's your favourite film?
Dom: Right now I would have to say Breakfast At Tiffanys because I watched it the other day.
Ellie: Ermmm probably Grease or Bridget Jones which are just classics
11. Are you a morning person or a night owl?
Dom: Both most of the time, it really does depend on my mood.
Ellie: I'm more of a morning person.
11 Questions for you!
1. Do you have any siblings?
2. Do you have a favourite phrase to say/saying?
3. Who is you favourite present celebrity?
4. Who is you favourite celebrity from the past?
5. What text do you type in? i.e Standard English?
6. Do you have on singular best friend? Or a group of best/close friends?
7. What are you most likely to be doing during your free time?
8.Do you/ did you have a favourite subject to study at school/ uni etc?
9. What is the most embarassing thing that has ever happened to you?
10. What is the one accessorie that you just cannot live without?
11. Are you a bit of an over exaggerator?
Blogs that Ellie and I tag:
Becky at Rose Petals
Sophia at Sophia x
A lace dream
Georgia at Georgiabeee
Jordan at Falling upon Beauty
I know we only tagged 6 people but we don't have loads of followers so we had to narrow down our search, sorry.