Wednesday 11 July 2012

A Mid-Week Pick-Me-Up :)

Hey there :) This is just as what the title says: A Mid-Week Pick-Me-Up. It's Wednesday, and even though there are the pros of it being a Wednesday (half way through the week = almost Friday = almost the weekend :)!) we can all sometimes forget that and let the more rubbishy things get us down. For example, as I sort of collapsed at the weekend when I was on my school trip to Whitby, I wasn't allowed to go to school. But I really just wanted to see my friends so I persuaded my parents to let me go in for today, under the condition that if I feel ill I would call them (I'm not going to lie, I did feel quite poorly, but I didn't call them as I didn't want the fuss really) so I thought it would be good to see my friends, and it was:) But whilst at school, I had 2 unexpected exams! One in French (a speaking exam), and one in English (an essay on multi-modal language techniques) - a low point of the day -, but it was OK, as I was told that I did brilliantly in French and I have ages left to finish my English (high point of the day) - so wish me good luck!
    Anyways, I got over having 2 surprise exams, I enjoyed more of my day - high point of today. However! It clicked to me today how many of my teachers are actually leaving next week :(
     My French teacher, my RE teacher and (apparently - this is not confirmed yet, so hopefully it isn't true) my English teacher :( And this isn't even all the teachers going, there are about 10 more, but they don't teach me anymore. I know it sounds really strange, but I am actually going to miss them! I think it's important to have nice, good teachers as they make you enjoy the lesson more. Obviously, this was a low point of the day. So, as I was letting the more rubbishy things get me down, I decided to let my lovely Mother treat me:) This is what she treated me to:


This is a Revlon nail polish that I have wanted for a couple of weeks now. I bought this from my local Boots store because my sister wanted another Revlon nail polish and they were on offer for Buy 1 Get 1 Half Price. But do keep an eye out in Poundland stores, as they do have some Revlon nail polishes in sometimes. I wanted one called Smoky Canvas #091 the other week, but restrained myself from buying it in boots, and as I wandered into Poundland looking for some Sally Hanson products, I found the Smoky Canvas Revlon nail polish! I was so proud! Anyways, this colour is called Bewitching #620.
 

I love these magazines, I'm not gonna lie to you, I am a bit obsessed! Hehe! I new Shay Mitchell was on the front of Seventeen - which I was very pleased about as I love her on Pretty Little Liars - but I didn't know Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone were on the front of Teen Vogue! I love them so much! Also, Kendall and Kylie Jenner do a section in Seventeen magazine, and we all know I love them! I can't wait to read these bad boys :)



These sweets are so delicious, but I haven't found anywhere in the UK to buy them from except for in bulk in places like Costco, yet as I was in Aldi today, I found these which I was (and still sort of am) excited about :) They're yummy!
I am very pleased and grateful for all of these items that my Mum has bought for me, but for some reason I became sad again :( No worries though! My parents invited some friends round earlier today with out me knowing and all of a sudden loads of people turn up at my house which obviously cheered me up! :)   


I look so werid in the picture! The little boy is Sammy. My sister has looked after him since he was about 6 months old, but we all help her out and his family are such good friends of ours now:) I love him so much, he is so cute and lovely.

This is just all of the food that we had out and what people had brought around! I was literally so shocked that we had all of these people round, I had not been informed about this, but I didn't mind - it was so much fun! The big weird thing on the right is a ham that my Dad had ordered in from France I think!

Sammy with his older sister Lizzie. I love her too she is amazing - they don't normally look like this! They were pulling funny faces ;) After this we went on the trampoline and then sat and watched Cinderella - it's one of my favourites, honestly.

So now I am in a really happy mood and looking forward to my summer holidays :) Having all of these friends around made me remember all of the important things in life (cheesy, but had to be said!) Do any of you have any plans? Let me know - enjoy the rest of your week xo




4 comments:

  1. Thank you for the comment you left on my blog!
    This is a great post, such lovely pictures! :)
    The nail colour is gorgeous!

    Natasha Carly x
    http://prettylittlelives.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww how cute is Sammy! :)

    I keep looking out for the Revlon nail varnishes too. TK Maxx have a lot of Sally Hansen in stock in their clearance sections at the moment :)

    Hayley
    http://makeupmoviesandmore.blogspot.co.uk

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! I love him so much. Ooh thank you, I will keep an eye out xo

      Delete